Go Back   Gospel Light Forums > Gospel Light VBS Forum Archive > SonWorld Adventure Park VBS 2008 > Publicity and Recruiting Discussions
Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Publicity and Recruiting Discussions Jumpstart your VBS with awesome publicity! Share ideas for getting volunteers and kids excited about Adventure Park!

Old April 24th, 2008, 11:58 AM

Exclamation FREE SonWorld VBS Website Template...

In another thread some of us were discussing the dissapearrance of myvbs.com. Because of all of the problems I had with SonForce Kids version last year I just created my own vbs web site. In the thread I said I would try to take the time to convert my VBS website into a template so other churches could use it. Well I finally did it. I am making it available for FREE. I am sharing this so you can have another tool to help kids and parents discover your VBS which in turn can lead to saving children. I pray that it can be a valuable tool for your church.

The website offers online registration for both children and volunteers. A photo gallery and a fun 4 kids page where they can print off coloring pages among other items. 90% of the web site can be customized to your church with just basic word processing skills. The other 10% requires someone with decent computer skills or preferablly someone with some web editing experience. I created the site using Microsoft FrontPage... if you are familiar with FrontPage editing the 10% of hyperlinks, email addresses and form properties are simple.

If you would like to see the VBS site running live you can visit www.ccfhaz.com/vbs before your download the template.

Go to www.ccfhaz.com/pdfs/vbswebinstructions.pdf to download instructions on how to edit the site. If you have a "computer guy/gal" they can probably handle it.

You can download the template at www.ccfhaz.com/pdfs/vbs.zip.

If you do use the web site please let me know. I would like to see how you end up using it.
Old April 28th, 2008, 09:56 AM

Thumbs up *~*wow*~*

Very impressive website! Anyone interested in using a website this is an awesome template! Currently our population isn't techie savy so we'll stick to old paper registration - at least for another year .. but if and when we get our church website up and running - i hope you are still around creating these templates -- because your vbs website was truly AWESOME!
Consider me completely impressed! Good Job!!!
Old April 28th, 2008, 10:50 AM

Wow, that is awesome! Do you find that people who aren't the regular attenders of your church find you through the website and register to attend, or is it more frequently used by the regular attenders? I've been wondering how it would affect our attendance to have coolness on our website.
janet
Old April 29th, 2008, 07:57 AM

Janet,

95% of our VBS registrations come via our VBS web site. We promote our main web site and VBS site through every publication we produce or advertise in... Currently on our home page we have a link to our VBS site. We are an average size church, about 300 members, we do 2 weeks of VBS and will see a total of 200-220 children attending our VBS. About 40% the children come from our church, 30% have no church home and the remaining 30% come from local churches.

I read an article that said over 85% of 1st time visitors visit the church web site before ever attending the church. At the time we had a very old and outdated web site. I went to templatemonster.com and purchased a web site template for $60 and replace our old site. You can see our new site at www.ccfhaz.com. Before we would get about 300 visits per month to our web site now we get 800 to 1000 visits per month.

Also the photo gallery in the VBS web site is a big draw. Families love to see what their children were doing each day. Because of that one feature we see a huge increase in visits to our main site. The idea is to get people with no church home to learn more about our church and how we can serve them.

The nice thing about having your own site is your web address never changes so people can save it in their favorites and come back to it every year.
Old April 29th, 2008, 08:05 AM

Hey Leo,

I was in your ***** just a few years ago. We had a web site but it was old and complete boring. It was updated maybe once a year.

In another thread I talked about reading an article that said over 85% of 1st time visitor visit your church web site before every visiting your church. So I purchase a web site template from templatemonster.com for about $60 dollars. I just put in our information and now we have a very nice site. www.ccfhaz.com.

You can actually but together a very professional site with very little expertise or money needed.
Old April 29th, 2008, 10:42 AM

Default SonWorld VBS Web Site Forms

Great web site. I have imported it and gotten everything but the forms to work for me. I followed the instructions, "VBS Web Site Editing Instructions" that I found via your article in the forum.

I had to get my host server to turn on the Server Extensions, but I am still having problems when I submit the forms with Run-Time Component error indicating they depend on the server extensions. our web is fbcoakhill.org and there is a link at the top for VBS.
Old April 29th, 2008, 11:28 AM

Nice job on the web site. It looks really good so far.

You may need to reinstall the Frontpage Server Extentions... Sometimes they can be quirky on the first install. Once you reinstall the server extentions go back into the Form Properties and check to make sure everything is set up correctly. Publish the site and that should take care of it.

I went to the site and tested the forms.

The registration form seemed to work for me. I did notice your phone number needed to be updated on the 'vbsconfirmation.html' page. You need to let me know if you got the email... I just typed "test" in all the fields...

On the volunteer registration page... I did get a response that the form was submitted. Again not sure if you got the email of the volunteer registration. It did not show me the 'volunteerconfirmation.html' page which should show up when a volunteer registers. I just got a generic confirmation. Just go back in the Form Properties and make sure the email address is correct in both places and set the confirmation page to 'volunteerconfirmation.html'.

That should take care of it. Also email me at the email address on the instructions page if you have any other questions.
Old May 4th, 2008, 07:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to sara2002 Send a message via MSN to sara2002 Send a message via Yahoo to sara2002

I tried to look at the website and was unable to get to it. Does it only work with certain browsers? I would love to look at the website and see if it could work for my church.
Burien, Washington
July 5-9, 2010
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:40 AM

Hi Sara,

There is nothing wrong with your browser. We are having problems with our web site at the moment. We should be back up later today or tomorrow. Trying to work through and issue with network solutions who controls our domain name.

Chad
Old May 11th, 2008, 02:24 PM

Default This is a great web site! Thank you

Thank you so much for making it available to everyone. I am going to attempt to use it for our church website. I have a question. I noticed on the pictures of VBS you require a password. I have been trying to figure out how to do this with FrontPage for a long time. Would you be willing to share how you did it?
Thanks,
Ruth